The Klondike 300 has been postponed until Monday. From the site:
WE HAVE 18 MUSHERS SIGNED UP. AND WE DISCUSSED WITH THE DOG MUSHERS OF ALL THE OPTIONS WE HAD (AND THERE WEREN'T TO MANY OF THEM). WE DISCUSSED THE TRAIL SITUATION AND THAT PART CAN BE DEALT WITH. THE RIVERS HOWEVER ARE A WHOLE DIFFERENT STORY, WHEN I SPOKE WITH RON FROM DESHKA HE SAID IN A FEW HOURS THE 2 INCHES OF OVERFLOW ON THE MAIN TRAILS ON THE RIVER TURNED INTO 4 INCHES IN SEVERAL AREAS. WHEN HE GOT OFF THE PACKED TRAIL 8 INCHES OF WATER. WE LET THE MUSHERS DECIDE ON STARTING ON SUNDAY OR MONDAY AS THE WEATHER IS "PREDICTED" AS COLDER.
THE MAJORITY THOUGHT MONDAY AT 10 AM WOULD BE THE START. PAT PATTERSON AND I PLAN TO RIDE THE RIVER SATURDAY AND SEE FOR OURSELVES WHAT THE SITUATION IS AND HOW TO PROCEED FROM THERE, AND I'LL POST IT HERE ASAP. BEN KLEINENBERG
Mushers signed up for the Klondike 300, in starting order:
1. JESSICA HENDRICKS, TWO RIVERS .AK
2. CARMEN PERZECHINO, STERLING, AK
3. BECCA MOORE, MONTANA CR. AK
4. MATT HAYASHIDA, WILLOW, AK
5. ABBY WEST, TWO RIVERS, AK.
6. RAMY SMITH, WILLOW, AK
7. WADE MARRS, WASILLA, AK
8. LOUIS BISSONNETTE, TWO RIVER, AK
9. JEN SEAVEY, STERLING, AK
10. KRISTY BERINGTRON, KASILOF, AK.
11. RAY REDINGTON JR., WASILLA, AK.
12. CIM SMYTH, BIG LAKE, AK.
13. RYAN REDINGTON, WASILLA, AK.
14. WATTIE DONALD, SCOTLAND
15. STEVE GIEGER, WILLOW, AK.
16. JESSE ROYER, FAIRBANKS, AK.
17. MIKE BARNETT, SCOTLAND
18. DON KADUCE, FAIRBANKS, AK.
Flashback Weekend - December 2008 - *We were looking back through the Dog Log yesterday because longtime kennel sponsors Tom & Cindy Eckhoff were visiting. They have seen the kennel grow...
2 days ago