Team and Trail
Long distance sled dog races, or just trips by dogteam... My goal with this blog is simply to help support the history, spirit, passion and love for dog teams and the trails they run.


Thursday, November 13, 2008

The title of this blog

When I was trying to find a title for this blog I wandered all over the place trying on names. Some were too cute, others too formal, some too oblique, others too familiar. I've always liked the name Team and Trail, and I hadn't heard the phrase in connection with any form of communications in quite a while. I knew there used to be a publication by that name, I have many back issues of it, but as far as I can determine it's gone out of print. A little searching turned up an interesting article from the Anchorage Daily News which informed me that one of last year's rookies, Deborah Bicknell, is the former publisher's daughter. I checked out Deborah's website and - sure enough! - there are photos of old issues of the original Team and Trail magazine. Sadly, it also notes that Deborah is retiring from racing.

Continuing the search, I found what must've been the publication's website, but there's nothing there except one of those ubiqitous "site under construction" graphics. I found an article from the magazine, "An Introduction to Sled Dog Sports," on a sled dog tours site in Sweden.

So, satisfied that I wasn't stepping on any currently active toes, I named this blog. If I've missed something in the process, please advise.

No comments: